2021 – All About Animals set
All About Animals is a set that explores all sorts of behaviours, habitats, stories, and adaptations that make the animal world so fascinating!
We’ve collected CSI Chapters and Pathways books into sets to help fit with student interests, teaching focuses, or inquiry topics.
Digital ebook access for all five titles available free with the print versions at the CSI Literacy Cloud.
CSI Chapters is a series of short chapter books with explicit strategies instruction and support.
The Teachers’ Guide contains lesson plans for each book and graphic organisers for consolidating student learning.
Inside CSI Chapters:
- 25 high-interest books geared towards years 4–6+
- Builds students’ strategic reading skills, reading stamina and word-knowledge
- Titles vary in length from 24 to 32 pages
- Includes fiction, poetry, science, numeracy and social studies
- Includes academic and general vocabulary glossaries
- eBooks contain multimedia content for strong engagement
Pathways is designed to support transitional readers to build stamina, become familiar with nonfiction text features and language, and maintain progress and enthusiasm for their reading.
Each book includes:
- thought-provoking "ant questions"
- a surprise fold-out Ant Tunnel to motivate readers halfway
- a detailed glossary
Teaching purpose: Small group/independent
Year level: 3 to 6
Subject: Science, English