CSI Private Eye Free Trial
Trial one adventure for 14 days for free!
CSI Private Eye is an interactive online adventure series full of reading and writing activities and opportunities. Students will love solving real-life mysteries from around the world – boosting literacy has never been so fun and easy.
Come for the adventures, stay for the writing lessons – they’ve been described by teachers as “hidden gold”. Each adventure in the series is complemented by three writing lessons, including full lesson plans and writing templates. Each lesson tackles a specific writing genre, and guides students through "mini-lessons" in revision and editing.
Levelled for students in Year 4–6, CSI Private Eye is also popular with Years 7–9 due to its high engagement factor.
Using CSI Private Eye, students will–
- Boost their reading comprehension, writing, and vocabulary skills
- Develop world knowledge and investigate global mysteries
- Answer multiple-choice and open-ended questions and give opinions
- Practice writing across multiple genres, including lesson plans and writing templates
- Experience a variety of text types across content areas
- Learn sequencing through drag-and-drop and CLOZE activities
Teaching purpose: Individual
Year level: 4–6
Subject: Language arts, Science, Math, Social Studies, Writing