CSI Private Eye
CSI Private Eye is an interactive online adventure series full of reading, comprehension activites and writing opportunities.
Students will love logging in to solve real-life mysteries from around the world – boosting literacy has never been so fun and easy.
25 free CSI Chapters ebooks when you subscribe.
The Literacy Cloud portal for Private Eye is:
- Available 24/7 from school or home
- Student-friendly, link-free, and ad-free
- Compatible with any device that uses Chrome or Safari
- Browser-based – no downloads, updates, apps, or extra costs
Come for the adventures, stay for the writing lessons – they’ve been described by teachers as “hidden gold”. Each adventure in the series is complemented by three writing lessons, including full lesson plans and writing templates. Each lesson tackles a specific writing genre, and guides students through "mini-lessons" in revision and editing.
Levelled for students in Year 4–6, CSI Private Eye is also popular with Years 7–9 due to its high-engagement factor.
What you get with a CSI Private Eye subscription:
- A teacher account.
- An "online class", with a set of student accounts (approx. 30).
- All six CSI Private Eye interactive literacy adventures.
- Six sets of CSI Private Eye teaching materials, including 18 related lesson plans for teaching writing, editing and revising.
- Our 25 award-winning CSI Chapters ebooks, covering high-interest fiction, nonfiction, science and social studies topics, from reading levels M–V.
- CSI Chapters Teacher guide, with 32 reading lessons and matching graphic organisers.
Using CSI Private Eye, students will ...
- Boost their reading comprehension, writing, and vocabulary skills
- Develop world knowledge and investigate global mysteries
- Answer multiple-choice and open-ended questions and give opinions
- Practice writing across multiple genres, including lesson plans and writing templates
- Experience a variety of text types across content areas
- Learn sequencing through drag-and-drop and CLOZE activities
Teaching purpose: Individual
Year level: 4–6
Subject: Language arts, Science, Math, Social Studies, Writing