Teachers' ELL Handbook (Aqua CSI Literacy Kit)
The ELL Handbooks are designed to be used alongside the CSI Literacy kits to specifically target the needs of English Language Learners.
In this Teachers’ ELL Handbook, you’ll be given detailed notes on how to deliver each lesson with a focus on the instructional needs of English Language Learners.
The Teachers' ELL Handbook includes:
- Annotations for each lesson
- A modified writing activity at the end of the shared-reading lesson
- Cultural awareness tips
- Ideas for before, during, and after reading to support ELL students
- Ideas for scaffolding reading comprehension strategies
- Co-operative learning tips
Teaching purpose: Whole group
Fiction/nonfiction: Fiction and nonfiction
Year level: 5
Subject: Language arts, Science, Math, Social Studies, English Language Learning, Writing