Enhance Literacy: Fluency Kit
Want to make sure no student falls through the cracks? Enhance Literacy is a targeted intervention programme that will help you bring students who have fallen well behind up to speed in a short space of time.
In the Fluency kit, students will access audio texts that help build vocabulary and demonstrate expression, accuracy and phrasing. Teachers and students will focus on building fluency through explicit instruction and 60 audio texts/read-alouds.
- Read: Teachers read a text closely with students and do a fluency activity
- Respond: Students complete a graphic organiser
- Reflect: Teachers and students reflect on lesson challenges, and plan next steps
Head to the Enhance Literacy website for free anchor charts, pacing charts, assessment guides and curriculum alignments.
Enhance Literacy – Fluency kit supports teachers to build fluency, comprehension and language (both academic and social).
The Fluency kit includes:
- Fluency Lessons for Teacher book 1x book
- Fluency and Writing Activities for Students book 8 x books
- Access to online, downloadable audio models for texts 1 x teacher login
Enhance Literacy is designed so students have ownership over their learning, and are able to interact directly with the texts. Each student will receive a hardcopy Fluency and Writing Activities book to write in. Additional books can be purchased separately.
Teaching purpose: Small group/intervention
Fiction/nonfiction: Fiction and nonfiction
Year level: –
Subject: Language arts, Science, Math, Social Studies, English Language Learning, Writing
Format: Paperback and online